The DVDís ten menu-selectable chapters focus on topics relevant to todayís fiber technicians, including:
- Laser types and classifications, how they operate, and various control measures.
- National and international fiber optic and laser safety standards.
- Optical fiber handling and safety.
- Chemicals and right-to-know documentation.
- Fiber and laser testing and inspection equipment types and applications.
- The impact of high-power Raman and EDFA optical amplifiers.
- Safety practices during installation and restoration.
- Potential safety problems along with their causes and possible solutions.
- Safety in confined spaces.
- Types of personal protective equipment.
Bonus materials provided on the DVD include a student quiz with matching instructor version, written in Microsoft Word format which allows customization for your specific safety needs.
Effective March 22, 2012, BICSI recognizes Fiber Optic Safety DVD training for the following BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CECs): one RCDD; one RITP; one Installer 2, Copper/Fiber; one Technician; and one Certified Trainer.